Saturday 26 April 2014

Andy and I


I have been painting for Andy Grubb of Grubby Tanks/ Kelly's Hero's / and lately Britannia Miniatures, for several years now. It all started after a conversation in a curry house, after several Cobras, during Warfare at Reading...... I think Andy had just released his 20mm Kelly's Hero's fallschirmjäger and the conversation went something like:

Me: Andy your figures are great but your displays on the stand are ......****, nothing is painted!

AG : Your point is....?

Me: Give me a set of the Paras to paint up...... If you like them I will paint some more for you....

AG: How much will this cost me?

Me: We can talk about that if you like the figures............

AG: Ok........

Several years later the stand now looks like this and the rest is history.......

Salute 2013

A fine figure of a man!

Andy never did get back to me about the price.....;-)

Well over 1000 figures and countless vehicles across 20mm and 28mm......(conservative total!) painted for the stand.....

Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment